Saturday, December 30, 2017

Holiday Wrap-Up: Gingerbread Houses






Christmas may be over, but 2017 isn't quite yet finished.
  
I didn't want to let the holiday season go by without sharing these adorable 'gingerbread' houses that the kids made a couple of weeks ago (and, well, ya know, I already took the time to edit and upload these photos so..........😏)

Keep reading to share in our fun and discover a graham cracker tip:



Graham Cracker Secrets

I learned this trick when my Baby Girl made gingerbread houses in kindergarten; instead of baking, measuring and cutting actual gingerbread, use graham crackers for the walls and roof.  Not only are the crackers inexpensive and lightweight, but the perforations make them easy to break apart into smaller pieces.  I love easy 😊

One box of graham crackers was enough for two small houses, but I did use two containers of icing.  You won't actually need two containers, but what is the point of making gingerbread houses if the kids can't squeeze icing all over the place, right?!?!



Lots of Candies

I was going to use just gumdrops and gummy bears but my Little Man had other ideas-
hence the M&Ms and the gummy worms.

"I don't want bears. I want worms"

You gotta love a kid with style...
😁😁😁



Icing

You can click here for tips on creating your own icing bag.  I made one for each of my kiddos, using one entire container of icing for each bag.



The Little Man's House

A rainbow of M&Ms makes up the sidewalk leading to this gingerbread house.  
What's that on the roof?  Why a giant worm of course! Happy holidays!  😂😂😂



My Baby Girl's House

I love the careful thought and consideration that my Baby Girl put into her gingerbread house.  Not only did she make sure that each M&M along side the house was the same color, but she had a family of three green gummy bears posing outside of the front door.  My very favorite part is the rose bushes.  She made these by tearing small pieces from a red gumdrop and attaching them to a green gumdrop with tiny bits of icing.

**********

I've got one more photo post from our holiday baking marathon that I'll be sharing soon.  After that it will be time to race the rails right into a Thomas the Train birthday party 😄

**********

I hope you enjoyed this holiday post, thanks for stopping by and happy new year!
-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment