Saturday, December 9, 2017

My Life in Pictures - Christmas Decor 2017


Right after Thanksgiving I managed to put up all of the holiday decor - just in time to get hit with the flu and a cold😖

Needless to say, it's taken me awhile to find the energy to take and edit my holiday decor photos.  I'm happy to say that here they are today though, along with a few 2017 decor updates.  Enjoy!



The stockings were hung with reckless abandon...ok... not really.  In fact, I carefully placed each one.
But ever since I heard a guy on tv say that (during my days and days of sick-girl-couch-time), I've been dying to say it myself.  So there you go.  😁



Christmas bulbs and glassware in the dining room.



Dining Room Ornaments

You might remember these from previous posts.  My dining room tree is my decorative tree and features only chocolate and gold ornaments.  Originally, these ornaments were individually hung on ribbon loops, but the white color of the ribbon was bugging me.  I also didn't like the way that having so many ornaments of the same size all over the place made a bit of a cluttered look, so I decided to cluster them into groups of three with pipe cleaners.



Clustered Ornaments



Dining Room Tree - Day

I think that having the ornaments clustered made a big difference (to visually picky people like me, anyway- regular people probably don't mind one way or the other 😁).

You can click here to see last year's tree with the ornaments hanging individually.



Dining Room Tree - Night



Colorful Village Lights

I added a few colored lights to the under tree village this year.  I think I would prefer that they were all rainbow, but for now this will do.

You can click here to see more about this village.



Golden Garland

I found this garland over the summer while treasure hunting and
decided to add it to the living room tree.


Living Room Tree

Here you can see the living room tree with just the new garland, chocolate and gold ornaments and gold snowflakes.  I like to use these decorative ornaments as the base and then layer all of our sentimental ornaments on top.

You can click here to read more about the chocolate and gold ornaments and the golden snowflakes (that used to be birthday party decor 😎)



Living Room Tree - Day

Here is the tree all finished and complete with our sentimental ornaments.  We had quite a few days with weather mild enough to keep the door open, it was divine 😍



Elfie has been hanging out below with the gifts 😊

You can click here to read about some of Elfie's adventures
You can click here to read how to make Elfie's skirt.



Happy Gingies

I tucked my faux gingerbread cookies into the top shelf dishes of my china cabinet.  I got these last year (along with my glasses of fake milk) and decided to keep them up out of harms way.  They are made of a spongy material and I can guarantee that if certain little hands get a hold of them....bye bye gingies!

You can click here to read more about my artificial milk and cookies.
You can click here to read about my china cabinet.



Cupcakes & a Gingy

This friendly face tucked away in a corner makes me smile and I love the soft light from the tree.



Kitchen Tree

Ahhhh, my candy tree - absolutely packed with sugary goodness!
I added a few new tasty ornaments to my kitchen tree this year which I'll share in an upcoming post.

You can click here to read more about this yummy tree.

**********

I hope you enjoyed this holiday post, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2017


No comments:

Post a Comment