Sunday, December 17, 2017

Tree Ornaments and a Bonus Photo Tip - 2017



My Kitchen Tree Collection

The ice cream cones and macaroon on the left are available at Wal-Mart for just under $1.  The ice cream cone on the top right I found treasure hunting this year, but can't remember the price.  I want to say that it was .25 but I'm not sure.  The set of silver snowflake measuring spoons were part of my birthday gift from Husby's parents this year.  All of these have been incorporated into my kitchen candy tree.

You can click here to see more of my kitchen tree.

Side Note:  I had no idea that the macaroon was a macaroon until Baby Girl told me so, I just thought it was cute! Let's hear it for super smart kids! 😁



Baby Girl's Ballerinas & Barbie

Each of these were found treasure hunting this past summer for $1.50
  Apparently this was a steal because I just saw similar ones at Kohl's last week for $14.99 each 😁



The Little Man's Doggy & Plane

The blue puppy can be found at Wal-Mart for under $2 and the plane was another $1 treasure hunting find.  My Little Man loves his ornaments so much!  Originally, his ornaments were dispersed evenly around the tree, but I've been noticing that they keep moving.  Now we have an entire section (in the back by the couch) that features all of his personal ornaments along with anything of Daddy's that he also took a liking too 😉



Care Bears

Baby Girl has an entire box of vintage Care Bear toys that she no longer plays with, but the Little Man, however, loves to drag them out and drive them around in their little cloud car.  So when we were treasure hunting and found a set of Care Bear ornaments ($3 I think), he begged to have them.  He generously gave the larger pink one (Cheer Bear) to his sister and kept the tiny one (aptly named Share Bear 😍) for himself.



Husby's Truth

I found this one at Wal-Mart for under $4 and had to grab it because, yeah, he'd probably rather be hunting...or trapping...or fishing...😁😁😁

Aside from the very first photo, all of the remaining ornaments in the post were added to our family tree in the living room.

You can click here to read more about this tree.

**********

Bonus Photo Tip:  Another treasure hunting find this year was a set of plain 16x20 canvases that I found for $1, still in the original packaging (the wrapping says that they are sold at Hobby Lobby, $7.99 for a set of two).  Any way, I grabbed them thinking that for that price the kids could have fun painting on them, but I've ended up using them as canvas backgrounds for my blog and eBay photos.  Each of the photos in this post was taken by simply laying the ornaments onto an unpainted canvas.  I have also had great luck using them in the same way for my wedding package flowers.  The framed canvas means that you don't have to worry about wrinkles like with fabric, and the light reflects really well without creating any shiny flash spots.  I also like how easy they are to keep clean and ready to go without taking up much storage space - In other words, I don't have to go to the trouble of getting out and setting up my light box and backgrounds, etc.

I'm always looking out for photo tips so if you have anything you'd like to add, hit me in the comments section!

**********

I hope you've enjoyed this holiday & photo post, thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment