Saturday, February 3, 2018

Thomas the Train Birthday Party: Decor





I'm excited to finally be sharing my Bubby's Thomas the Train party decor!  We had a wonderful family party celebrating his 4th birthday, with lots and lots of trains everywhere.

The photo above is from the dining room.  I'll discuss that, and the rest of the party decor in a little bit.

But first, a side note:  Since the beginning of this blog I have referred to my boy as 'Little Man', but today he informed me that he would rather go by 'Bubby' since that is his nickname.  Actually, he instructed me to refer to him as 'Big-Man-Bubby', but I think Bubby will do just fine 😂😂😂



Balloons


For this party I used red, green and light blue balloons to create colorful bouquets.  Once the bouquets were assembled, I added in the foil streamers and character cut-outs.

The cut-outs came from a package of Thomas birthday party decorations that I found treasure hunting.
(You can click here to see more about that)

(You can click here to read more about inflating balloons without helium)



Dining Room Table

Originally, I had planned on using black crepe paper to create what would look like railroad tracks on the table tops.  But then I realized how much fun it would be for my Bubby if he got to put his trains everywhere 😄


The dining room table was home to a figure eight track featuring
Thomas, Harold (the Helicopter) and a few accessories



Dining Room

Bubby and I decorated the dining room window ledge as well, using
Emily, Percy and Toby to spread the fun.



Living Room

Left:  Though the package of party decor from the garage sale included several folded up posters, I never realized (until it came time to decorate) that two of them combined to create a large wall mural.  Not only did the wall  mural complete set the mood of the living room, but it made for a great photo backdrop as well.

Right:  To avoid taking up too much space on the card table, we placed a small looped track just big enough for another Thomas.



Kitchen

Since the kitchen table is also smaller, Bubby and I kept it simple with a short run that featured a hill and a bridge.  We chose to put Stanley and Rosie here since my grandparents (who attended the party) share the same names 💗



Service Train

I can't take credit for this adorable idea- I totally swiped it from Pinterest! 

It was very easy to create our own 'train' using a toy engine, painters tape for the tracks and baking pans for the cars.  The photo that I saw on Pinterest used electrical tape for the tracks (black) but I thought that might gum up my counter tops.  I also went ahead and added the wheel details to my cars by cutting circles out of scrapbooking paper.



Service Train Close-Up

Another view of this adorable train 😌



Dessert Station



Thomas

Our Thomas cake was made from a white cake mix, 
I'll have a step-by-step post coming soon!



Mini Cake

A tiny cake for Bubby to have all to his self 😎



Dessert Station Decor

Bubby helped to choose the wooden accessories that embellished our dessert station.  He felt it important that Sir Topham Hatt was represented here 😄



Cupcakes

Funfetti cupcakes were happy to have another Thomas engine cheerfully on stand-by.

**********

I hope you enjoyed this Thomas the Train birthday party post. 
I'll update soon with dessert details, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment