Saturday, January 5, 2019

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Party Invitations



Happy New Year everyone!

I'm back today with a quick and easy invitation tutorial for my son's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle birthday party.  Check it out:



Supplies

For this project I used a few sheets of colored printer paper; green for the invitation background and red, orange, blue and purple to create the ninja 'masks'.  I also printed out the invitation text separately on white paper, but you'll see that in a bit.

Red - Raphael
Orange - Michelangelo
Blue - Leonardo
Purple - Donatello



Step 1

First cut your green paper to the size of your choice.  I like to be able to fit my completed invites into standard size letter envelopes so I go with an elongated rectangle, but any shape will do.  Once your background is ready, cut strips from the remaining red, orange, blue and purple sheets.

Note:  If you adjust the size of your invitation background (the green sheet) then you will need to change the size of your mask strips as well.



Step 2

When it came time to create the invitation wording I kept it simple with the 'cowabunga dudes' phrase in colored font followed by the party details.  At the request of my son I changed the location from our address to say 'sewer' instead 😆


In case you can't read the text from the photo, here it is:

COWABUNGA DUDES

(Child's Name) IS TURNING 5!

Let's Party (Date & Time)

At (Location) 

-Lunch and dessert to be served-


Step 3

Once the wording was in place I glued the red, orange, purple and blue paper strips diagonally at each corner of the invitation.  Now is also the time to trim the excess from the paper strips 😉



Step 4

Using a standard hole punch, I punched out several circles using plain white paper.  Glue a set of two onto each 'mask' (top) and use a marker to add dots for the eyes (middle).  Once complete follow up with the marker again to add eyebrow detailing (bottom).




And there you have it, a quick and easy party invitation for any TMNT fan!

**********

Want more from this party?
TMNT Party Baking

I hope you enjoyed this how-to post, thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer



© Studio 27 By Jennifer Adams 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment