Saturday, October 12, 2019

Halloween Decor - 2019




Welcome to our Halloween house!
Check out the decor:




In one corner a collection of cauldrons and candles sits beneath a couple of floating witches hats.

Can you see the seasonally inspired hand and footprint art?
You can click here to read more about it 😊




These witches hats were only .99 apiece at Goodwill.  They were easy to hang too, just a bit of curling ribbon attached to the tops then hand from the ceiling.

Tip:  If you want to make them look like they are really floating in mid air, use transparent thread or fishing line to hang them 😎




The cauldrons I found at Salt & Light for $2 and $3, while the skull was .50 at a garage sale.  The candles were a $5 Goodwill find, still packaged.  The box indicated that they were Christmas decorations, but I thought they looked much more Halloween-ish 😉



Nightly Glow

I prefer my decorations at night when everything is glowy and spooky 😉




The dining room table is my favorite because it features our homemade apothecary station, but before we get to that...




You can click here to read more about this skeleton wreath.




This little house was also intended to be a Christmas decoration, but I painted it with fall in mind.  I'll have a post coming soon with all the details.




You can click here to read more about my spooky owl.




In another corner I used an extra chair to hold a foliage wreath.  I just found this little house at Salt & Light for a dollar.  I'm not sure how I want to decorate it yet, but it's adorable all the same.  Especially at night with a battery tea light inside.

So that's twice now that I've mentioned Salt & Light, a local thrift store that I've recently discovered.
  
I. Am. Obsessed!

The store is clean, organized, well stocked and the daily sales are amazing.  I'll be talking about it a lot more, I'm sure!



Apothecary Station

The dining table holds my collection of potion ingredients that I put together last year.
(you can click here for the full post)

I love this area - the kids and I play a lot, whipping up different brews and spells 😎
In addition to the bottles are another .50 skull, a stack of faux books and an assortment of chalices.  The books were a $2 Salt & Light find and the chalices I found at Goodwill - I think they were $5.

I couldn't resist adding a few tealights to the chalices just so I could call them "Goblets of Fire" 😀

Can you see the birdcage?...




This cage full of skeletal fairies has been my favorite project this year.  
I'll post next week with a full tutorial!



Hidden Supplies


The stack of faux books is a actually a box.
Tucked inside are the rest of the chalices and a few faux toadstools.

**********

And that's our Halloween home.
I hope you enjoyed this holiday decor post, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Studio 27 by Jennifer Adams 2019

**********

This post was added to the Finding Silver Pennies weekly link party and 

No comments:

Post a Comment