Friday, April 10, 2015

How We Celebrated - Easter 2015

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!
Read on to see how we celebrated:



Easter Brunch

We are finally a table of four!  Little Man has recently decided that he wants nothing to do with his highchair anymore, so now he sits at the table with us.  This was my first holiday where I got to set the entire table :)

I used my gold chargers and clear glass plates that my Mom gifted me with a couple of weeks ago.

You can click here to read more about my table settings.



Easter Grass Table Settings

Originally I was going to use my white plates, but then had the idea of adding Easter grass to each setting.  I like the way the glass plates hold everything in place, but still allow you to see the prettiness.  A couple of bunny Peeps later and this simple design was complete.

Fun Fact:  I have no idea how to 'properly' set a table. I don't even know if the arrangement in this photo is correct. 

If I had to I could look it up of course, but my concern has always been more toward making things look pretty.  Sometimes I put the fork on the left, sometimes the right.  My napkins change their position frequently and who knows where the drinking glass is supposed to go?!?!  I don't! :D

Whenever I go to a restaurant, it's already done and my Mother-In-Law or Sister-In-Law usually takes care of it at Husby's parent's house (I come from a casual family, Husby's family is of a military background).  This one time though, Leslie wasn't there yet and Mama-In-Law asked me to help with the table....Cue the sound of crickets here - these people have two forks and everything!....Luckily though one of my kids started fussing and needed attention.  That provided me with just the amount of stalling time I needed and then Leslie walked in!  Whew!!!  :D :D :D  Hahahaha!  .....I feel that a few needed lessons might be coming my way once I publish this post! 

 Side Note:  I'm sure I can pick up the table setting business pretty quickly, but there is no way I will ever be able to fold a fitted sheet like Husby's Aunt Jan - That is just a thing of sheer, utter amazement.  One time on vacation she folded my sheet for me and it was six months before I would use it again.  I couldn't get over the perfect 90 degree right angle corners!  How did she do that?!?! :D :D :D

I may have just inspired a future post...I'll call it my 'casual secrets' and I can tell you about how I never iron anything, sort of neatly roll my sheets into the cabinet and well, I guess you already know about the table setting!

Okay, okay, moving on now....:D


Easter Egg Centerpiece


I layered a large glass plate onto more Easter grass at the center of the table and topped it with a bowl of plastic eggs.  I wanted something simple and colorful, this was perfect!

Click here to read more about my Easter eggs.



Easter Smoothies


For brunch we had a breakfast casserole and fruit smoothies.  I chose these items because they were both things that I could prep the day before.  That way all I had to do on Easter morning was pop the casserole in the oven and turn on the blender.  A nice brunch was quickly ready and I got to spend time watching the kids while they opened their baskets and hunted for eggs.

Smoothies:  Low fat vanilla yogurt, strawberries, blueberries and raspberries in the blender.  A little marshmallow Peep made them cute and fun.  I take mine plain, but Husby likes (light) Cool Whip on his.  Baby Girl likes (light) Cool Whip and a few sprinkles.  Since I don't add any sugar to my smoothies I don't object ;)

Breakfast Casserole:  After greasing a small baking dish with canola oil spray I first layered (uncooked) shredded potatoes.  I followed by pouring over a mixture of eggs (I used three eggs and three egg whites) and low fat cheese and then sprinkled on some green pepper and mushrooms.  Then I baked it at 350 for about 25 minutes.



Bunny Cake

This was made from a Pillsbury lime cake mix.  If you like lemon cake then you will like lime as well, they taste pretty much the same.

I iced the cake with Pillsbury lime icing and topped it with a couple of bunny Peeps.  Green sprinkles and a handful of green Starburst jelly beans made a nice 'lawn' for the bunnies.



Baby Girl's Hard-Boiled Eggs

Yep, we colored a few real eggs too!  
Baby Girl had a fun time dying these pretty pastel eggs.



Little Man's Hard-Boiled Egg

I thought it was only fair to share a picture of Little Man's handiwork as well.  
He was very proud of his ability to destroy eggs ;)

That's some of the fun we had on Easter weekend, I'll be back next week with photos from our glow-in-the-dark egg hunt!

Thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2015


No comments:

Post a Comment