Sunday, April 26, 2015

Painting Birdhouses! (Spring 2015)

One of our Spring traditions is to paint wooden birdhouses for the backyard.
The kids love the painting and I love having another yearly memory :)



Ready For Color

These are the birdhouses we painted this year.

The larger house in the back belongs to Baby Girl.  I found this one at the end of treasure hunting season last fall.  You can see that parts of the wood are sun faded, but that's ok.  It will be covered with layers and layers of paint any way ;)

The tiny one in the front is the Little Man's very first birdhouse.  It was also $1 and I found it at Wal-Mart.



Finished Houses
Baby Girl painted her house in bright shades of pink, green and blue. The Little Man globbed on Earthy tones of black, green and brown....when he wasn't painting the table that is...:D
**Never mind those little fingers at the bottom. No matter what I am doing, there is usually a pair of busy hands nearby :)



Side View

You can see that Baby Girl got a little fancy with her scalloped roof design, I'm sure the birds are going to love it!

Once painted and dried, I gave each house a coating of varnish to protect them from the weather.
 Now I'm excited to add these birdhouses to the rest of the collection in our backyard! 

What are some of your family's Spring design traditions?  Let me know in the comments section and as always, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment