Remember those cube shelves I used to extend the Barbie house? They worked great for adding space, but were plain to look at. Read on to see how I used paper and fabric to create floor and wall coverings:
**********
Disclosure - This post may contain affiliate links. If a purchase is made through an affiliate link then (at no additional cost to you) I will receive a commission. You can read more about affiliate links here
**********
This project started as simply as gathering some cardstock in various colors and cutting it to the size of the cube 'floors' and 'walls'.
Look at the difference in the outdoor cube when you add a little sky and grass! This is a very simple beginning, but imagine how pretty it could be if you started adding trees, plants, clouds and other details to the background!
Another simple start to the farm. I left the sides blank for now as I'm debating on if they should be more sky or the walls of a nearby barn.
The pet shop got some pink flooring.
The living room also got pink flooring, along with a dollar store fabric 'fur rug'.
The same pink and gray are in the dining room. My mind is full of options for the walls in here and the living room, but so far I can't commit 😄 I like that the rooms can be changed up at will and don't want the decor to lock them into any specific setting, so I'm still pondering...
Pink flooring in the kitchen.
And more pink flooring with a purple rug in the laundry. Look how the fabric takes on a more pink look once layered on top of the pink paper!
Interested in more Barbie? Check out these posts:
I hope you enjoyed this Barbie house update, thanks for stopping by!
-Jennifer
© Studio 27 by Jennifer Adams 2026
**********
This post was added to the following link parties:









No comments:
Post a Comment