Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Glitter Flip-Flops 2014


My baby girl decided she wanted to decorate a pair of flip-flops for a Dollar Tree flip-flop craft contest (Visit the Dollar Tree Facebook page for more information). How could I pass up an opportunity like that?!?!  :D


She chose bright blue flip-flops because that is her favorite color these days and blue glitter daisies.  Since her Gramma just got her a pair of flip-flops in her current size, we got a larger pair that she can use next summer as well.  Total cost of materials at Dollar Tree, a whopping $2.  Let's get started!



A close up of the flowers lets you see the glitter a little better.  These daisies had ugly yellow plastic centers that I didn't care for........



.......So I cut them off.  I do this a lot with my fabric flowers.  I like to remove the plastic and re-glue the separate sections back together.  It makes the finished flower much softer and a whole lot easier to work with.  I think it looks nicer too :)



After taking all of the flowers apart, I glued two small pieces and two large pieces together to make one nice full daisy.  I also added a small leaf to the back.



These I attached to the center of the flip-flop with a little glue.



I decided to add a second daisy to each shoe as well.  Looks pretty good, but remember those yellow centers that we removed?  We needed a little something to finish off the look.  A little glitter glue was just the thing.



A close up of the centers.  The glitter glue finished the daisies off nicely and I like the color coordination.




The finished product.  My baby girl is going to love sporting these.  And who knows, we may even win the contest!  

Happy crafting and thanks for stopping by!


-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment