Saturday, May 3, 2014

Welcome to my Blog!


Hello friends, and welcome to my design blog! 

I got my start in the floral industry working as a part-time designer in a local floral shop.  I never intended to make floral design my career, but instead thought of it as a good way to earn money while working toward my degrees.  Ah yes, my degrees....... 




You see my real goal was to earn a Masters within the field of Psychology, and eventually work as a community counselor.  And so I worked, and studied, and worked and studied some more all of the while keeping one hand in a floral vase so to speak.  But guess what?!  Working full time as a counselor wasn't going to be much fun and it was going to keep me from my family, not cool.  So even after completing graduate school I continued on part time in the floral shop. I wasn't sure what to do exactly. but I knew exactly what I wanted:

-To be a stay at home mom AND earn income
-To find something that would work around family life
-To Continue working with flowers
-To do something that would utilize my creative energy and allow me to share with others
-To do all of this somehow, some way online




The result?  Jennifer Adams Flowers!
I now create silk floral wedding packages, hair accessories and other miscellaneous items that I sell via Craigslist and eBay.  It's going pretty well, but I need a place where customers can view my work and design style.  Hence, the blog has been launched!

Here you will find information regarding floral pricing, ordering and how to contact me, as well as examples of my work.  In addition I'll share other crafty things that I pull together, home decor examples, holiday decor examples, photography and even a little treasure hunting!

So come on in, look around and enjoy yourself.  Thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer



© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2014


No comments:

Post a Comment