Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Halloween Happenings 2014


Here are a few of the things going on around our home right now:


Remember the jar of skeletons that I said Baby Girl loves to play with?  

This is how I found them the other day.  According to her they are a family of: one Daddy, one Mommy, one Sister and one Baby Brother.  The Baby Brother is being cuddled on his Mommy's lap.  Who knew spooky skeletons could be so sweet?! :D

You can read about the jar of skeletons and our other Halloween decor here



 Little Man got his blue jack-o-lantern bucket :)

Baby Girl has a pink one and they each have an orange one as well.  I like to have orange because it's traditional and the colorful ones just for fun.  Which one they use for trick-or-treating depends on their costumes, but it's nice to have multiple colors for the pictures that I do.

(Treat buckets like the one pictured  here can be found at Wal-Mart for $1.)



I purchased a couple of these spooky rats from Dollar Tree.

Mamaw has one of these at her house and Baby Girl loves to play with it, so I got a couple for us.  You can see how they spend their nights frolicking in the light of the big jack-o-lantern :D 

(They remind me of the big white lab rats I used to work with during my undergrad except these guys don't bite!)



 Mr. Who also got a new hat, courtesy of Mamaw.
Thank you Mamaw, he loves to be dressed up!

Did you see the post where Mr. Bones got his hat?  You can read about that here



We got our own copy of Room on the Broom.

This story is fantastic!  We also love watching the movie.  (It will be airing again on Sprout October 30 & 31).  I love the text of this story so well that I am contemplating making up some new Room on the Broom inspired printables.  We'll see if I get to that this year, my mind is already starting to wander toward Thanksgiving.......:)



...and we also made some Halloween cupcakes!

These cupcakes were fun and easy to make, not to mention yummy.  A  more detailed post about how we made them will be coming soon :)


I hope you enjoyed this update from our holiday house, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment