Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Treasure Hunting & Fabulous Finds 2014

Treasure hunting season is coming to an end for the year, but I have still managed to find a few gems.



First up:  These cake mixes and icing.

Now these don't really qualify as 'treasure hunting' since I bought them at the store, but they certainly are a fabulous find!

....I don't think I would recommend purchasing food as a used item anyway....just saying....:D

So I was at a local grocery store when I noticed that all of the summer themed baking mixes had been reduced to .88 each, and the icing to .69 each.  I stocked up ;)



A Milk Glass Strawberry Plate $1

Baby Girl has been happily using this little plate for her snacks.



Another Miniature Cake Dome $1

Ok, so really this is a domed cheese plate, but I got rid of the wooden base and replaced it with a small glass candle stand instead.  Now I have another miniature glass cake dome, this time on a pedestal stand ;)

What did I do with the wooden base?  It was a nice piece of teak wood that I gave to Husby.  Eventually he will turn it into a turkey call for hunting.  That $1 went pretty far!



A Milk Glass Candy Dish $4

I already have a smaller square dish that this matched perfectly, even down to the grape design.  Currently this new one is up above the cabinetry in the kitchen, but I'm toying with the idea of adding it to my dressing area.  Time will tell....;)



Picture Frame $1

As I've said before, anytime I find a nice quality frame for a good price I snatch it up.  Since I keep my favorite gold spray paint on hand at home, it was a breeze to refinish.  Now another pretty gold frame is waiting in my stash for whatever I come up with next.



Medium Sized Star Shaped Cake Pan .10

The size of this cake pan should be able to produce two cakes from one mix.  I didn't already have a star, so of course it came home with me ;)



Miniature Christmas Lights and Candy Canes .35




Left:  A miniature gingerbread cookie Christmas tree ornament.

I was at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago and checked out the Christmas items they were already putting out.  I literally held this exact ornament in my hand and put it back.  The Hobby Lobby price was $6.99, I found it for 25 cents.  Yay!  The ornament originally came with red and white checked ribbon which I took off - too country for my tastes.  I'll replace it with something more simple.

Top Right:  I found a small tin wall hanging that was filled with these miniature baking and gingerbread items for 25 cents.  I removed the miniatures and tossed out the tin as it was also very country looking.

Bottom Right:  Three gingerbread boxes, each for .10

Everything pictured here was found for .80!  Can you tell I love gingys?!?!

That's it for now, but I'm going to try and continue treasure hunting for a few more weeks.  Keeping my fingers crossed that the Garage Sale Gods will smile upon me!  :D

Thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment