Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Thanksgiving Decor (2014)

As soon as Halloween ended I removed all of the 'spooky' from my fall decor.  Since it is now November, I also added in a few Thanksgiving touches.

My Pumpkin Pie Ceramic Plate

I purchased this pie plate a few years ago on clearance.  I love pumpkins and I love all things to do with baking, so this plate had to come home with me :)  It has a recipe for pumpkin pie printed inside as part of the design, but I have never followed it.

Do I make pumpkin pies?  Yes...from a can...:D  

I love baked goods; candles and wax cubes that smell like desserts, cake and cupcake ceramics, pie plates, muffin tins, cake pans, I even have pajamas with cupcakes all over them!  But when it comes to actual baking; I'm a box and can kind of girl.  It's just how I roll ;)



Miss Scarecrow

Several years ago I was wanting a scarecrow and had been looking for them while treasure hunting with Granny.  One day I came home and this little scarecrow girl was waiting for me, Granny had found her and dropped her on the porch :)  She has held up pretty well, considering the kids love to play with her.

 You want to know what's really, really scary?  Leaving a room and coming back after a few minutes to find a three foot scarecrow standing in the middle of the space, when she wasn't there before.  Baby Girl used to play with Miss Scarecrow like she was a big doll, and leave her all over the house.  I can't tell you how many times I almost jumped out of my skin! :D



Autumn Bowls

I found these bowls for $2 the very last day that I went treasure hunting this year.  We had just decided that my side of the family would be having Thanksgiving at our house this year, and I needed appropriate dishes.  I stopped at a garage sale and there they were, just waiting for me ;)



Vintage Glass Bowls

After the garage sale I stopped by my parent's house and my Mom gave me these bowls.  They used to belong to one of my Great-Grandmothers and my Mom thought I would like to have them.  They make a great addition to my decor!



Amber Colored Glass Jars

Mom also gave me these glass jars that used to be in my Granny's bathroom.  My parents bought them for her a long time ago and she used them for cotton balls and q-tips.  Normally I prefer clear glass, but these work well with my 'fall' things.

I'm going to wrap things up here for now, but I have a bit more Thanksgiving that I will share before the month is over.  In the meantime, how you are preparing your home for the upcoming holiday feast?  You know I love it when you send me your photos :D

Hope you enjoyed the post, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment