Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Baby Onesie Turned Easter Decor




 I love taking photographs, especially of my children.  Not only are pictures wonderful for recording memories (scrapbooking anyone?) but they make great home decor items as well.  I'm always on the lookout for photo inspiration as well as photo props.

Last year I got some adorable Easter photos of the Little Man and Baby Girl using eggs and jelly beans as props.  I like to do a few different 'shoots' for each holiday, and one of last year's shoots featured Little Man in a jelly bean print Onesie. The tiny Onesie was so cute, I just had to figure out a way to turn it into a keepsake!

Normally I would have cut the Onesie into a quilt patch and added it to one of my keepsake quilts, but I don't have a quilt for Spring/ Easter.  Most of the clothing purchased over the years for Easter has consisted of formal dresses for Baby Girl.  (Yes I still have each and every one of them, no way am I cutting them apart!)  Any other 'springy' clothing that I wanted to preserve went into Baby Girl's personal quilt, so I never ended up with enough material to need another holiday quilt.

You can click here to read about my Summer/ 4th of July quilt.
You can click here to read about my Halloween quilt.

So what to do?  I decided to cut out and frame a portion of the Onesie.  It was a super easy project and now I have another cute item for my Easter decor.

Check it out:


"Mommy's Little Jelly Bean" Onesie and 5X7 photo frame.



 After opening up the side seams of the Onesie, I used the 5X7 frame insert as a template for cutting the fabric. 



 I wasn't concerned with getting a perfect cutout in the beginning.  It's easier to first concentrate on removing the image from the garment.



 I flipped it over and cut off the excess fabric.  Then I used a little tape to hold everything in place. 

.....I was going to use glue, but the Little Man was having snack time and I could tell he was only going to give me about 5 minutes of free time.  Tape got the job done..... ;)



A cleaned up piece, ready to be framed.



Framed and ready to go!



I tucked the frame into my Easter decor.  I thought the jelly bean print went well with these treat inspired eggs.

And there you have it, a fast and easy way to re-use your old baby clothes :)
I hope you enjoyed the post, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment