Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Spring Decor 2015

Much of my spring decor was featured in this post last year.
Today I am sharing a few items that you haven't seen yet:



Grape Hyacinth

I found this faux potted hyacinth a few years ago for $1 while treasure hunting.  What I love about it is the fact that not only is the plant a fake, but the water is too.  It's so realistic that Baby Girl had to touch it just to make sure!

You can find acrylic water kits at pretty much any craft store.  I have never used one myself, but the finished product feels like plastic.  I like the material because it looks like water, holds everything in place and weighs down the vase.



Evening Shot

I love how everything looks at night too.  The candle light is so pretty :)



Potted Silks

I have had these two potted plants for some time now, but they didn't make my spring decor post last year.  They were upset with me at being left out, so I made sure to get a picture this time :D

Tucked together next to one of my glass cake domes, they make a pretty spring statement.  The pink geranium I found treasure hunting for .50 and the bluebells I found on clearance for .75

The plastic pots are painted with textured paint, so they look like pottery.  I also like the painted on 'moss'.



Close-Up

I really appreciate how realistic these look!



Daffodil Vase

On my dining table I have a few fabric daffodil bunches in a cylinder vase.  I used a bit of Easter grass to fill in the bottom.  Currently, this milk glass bowl is empty, but I'll probably be filling it with eggs soon.



You can see a pair of Baby Girl's old rain boots on the window sill in the background.  They are the same as I pictured in last year's Easter  decor post, but this time I added a couple of faux forsythia blooms as well.

I am feeling excited because I have a pair of green rain boots for somebody this year!  Little Man has been walking for some time now and I can't wait to play in the warm spring rains together.  I'm also really pleased that next year I will have two pairs of boots for my spring window ;)

Speaking of the Little Man, I hear a baby voice singing from the crib so I need to go now.  Thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment