Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Daddy-Daughter Dance (2015)

A few weeks ago Husby took Baby Girl to a Daddy-Daughter dance in our community.

Husby was happy to take Baby Girl on a date.
Baby Girl was happy to get dressed up and go on a date.
I was happy for another excuse to design some florals and take pictures ;)

Scroll on to see each item in greater detail.


Wrist Corsage

My little Baby Girl needed a tiny wrist corsage to match her dress.  Instead of using an actual wrist corsage wristlet, I attached this rose to one of her smaller hair elastics.  That way it was light weight and fit perfectly.  

Now she can use it as a hair accessory as well ;)



Boutonniere

After 20 years, 2 proms, many high school dances and 1 wedding, somehow this was the first time I ever needed to pin a boutonniere on to Husby's shirt.  Who the heck did it for him all the other times?  His Mom?  I have no idea!

He was visibly nervous that I would poke him....I did not.  But I did get a few giggles out of the situation :D



Nosegay

When I told Baby Girl that I would make her a wrist corsage and a boutonniere for Daddy she said, "And I need flowers to hold too, Mommy."  No problem love :)  
I made this little nosegay for her to carry to the dance.



Roses From Daddy

These were wrapped up and ready to go ahead of time.  While I was helping Baby Girl with her shoes, Husby quietly slipped out of the garage.  That way he was able to knock on the front door and greet Baby Girl 'properly'.  Her face was priceless, especially when he gave her the roses.  Now she keeps them in a bud vase on a bookcase next to her bed.

This was such a fun evening for our family.  Not only did Husby and Baby Girl get some quality time together, but I got to spend time with her as I helped her to get ready :)

I hope you enjoyed the post, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment