Wednesday, June 11, 2014

From the Archives: Baby Shower Decor 2014

About five years ago I had a beautiful baby shower.  Due in the summer with Baby Girl, I decided upon the theme of 'Rubber Ducks at a Luau'......Yep, I decorated my own baby shower! 

The top photo has all of the pink plates, cups, napkins and flatware.  I nestled them inside of a large inflatable baby bathtub that was shaped like a duck.  You can't see from the photo, but the duck was wearing a blue Hawaiian lei.

I had rubber duckies everywhere!  The bottom photo shows a few that were sitting in front of the table supplies.  These were my favorite because they were summer themed and fit right in with the party.



Here you can see some of the table decorations.  The long tables (where we ate) were covered in bright green table cloths.  I took apart a few Hawaiian leis and used the flowers as table scatter.  
 I also put some into baby bottles and had them on the table tops with tropical scented candles and more ducks.  On the side tables I arranged ducks inside of a few glass vases.



My Granny was still alive at this time and she found the large duck (photo on the left) at a yard sale.  I loved it and used it to tie balloons to at the gift table.  

The right side of this photo shows some of the wall decor.  I made up some simple drawings on brightly colored scrap booking paper and cut them out.  It was an easy way to add color to the walls and coordinate the design between the eating and sitting areas of the venue.



Here you can see the diapers for the door prize game (one was 'dirty') and the game gift bags on the top.  On the bottom is the table with the guest favors (small candles) and goody bags for the children that attended.

I wrapped one of the Hawaiian flowers into the candles with tulle to make them 'tropical' and scattered more on the table top.  All of the gift bags were brightly colored, and I cut out  smaller duck shapes for the children's bags.



Strawberry cake, made by me.



Lemon raspberry cake, made by me.

Both of the cakes were displayed on simple glass cake stands.  A bit of curling ribbon and a pink pacifier topped them off nicely.



I can't take credit for these treats, but had to share because of how well they added to the overall style of the party.  The amazing chocolate cupcakes with strawberries on top were a treat from my Mother-in-Law.  My Aunt brought the adorable watermelon turned baby carriage!



Even many of the gifts came with the duck theme as well. You gotta love it when the guests participate in the decor!

While a few items were purchased for the party design (like the gift bags and Hawaiian leis) many items were simply reused.  The ducks and baby bottles are two example of items that while purchased for the baby, could also easily be used as inexpensive decor.  Add in items like colorful table coverings or scrap book paper and you can easily design a beautiful event while keeping costs down.

Hope you enjoyed the post, thanks for stopping by!

-Jennifer

© Jennifer Adams Flowers 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment