Friday, April 21, 2023

Faux Food Storage & Display: Chocolates

Home Decor

Hello my friends!  Today I'm sharing my collection of fake bake chocolates, check it out-


**********

In case you missed any of my previous faux food storage and display posts:


Now on to my chocolates:



Home Decor
Home Decor

In the center of my craft studio is a large table with a couple of faux treats; mini heart shaped cakes and a chocolate strawberry round cake.  The mini cakes I made myself using plaster, acrylic paint and a bit of puffy paint on top. I couldn't find this mold currently for sale brand new, but I did find this Ebay listing.

The large cake came from Hobby Lobby a long time ago.  It's foam covered in paint and silicone caulk, and in some places the caulking is peeling up!  Hobby Lobby doesn't currently offer this item on their website, but I did find another Ebay listing!



Home Decor

One end of the craft room features a wall of shelving, scroll on for close-ups and details:



Home Decor
Left Shelf



Home Decor
Home Decor
Home Decor

The brownies are foam squares that I cut out from leftover packaging.  I painted them with acrylic, applied light weight spackle on top and stuck in faux berries while the spackle was still wet.

The chocolates in the large jar were made using clay in this chocolate bar mold, this break apart chocolate mold and molds that I made myself using silicone putty.  You can read my full silicone putty tutorial here.  All were painted in various shades of acrylic paint.

This tutorial will show you exactly how you can make your own cocoa mug.  The one pictured here is topped with kids plastic food toys and a couple of paper straws.

The large chocolate bars were made in this mold, again painted in acrylic.  I made these (and the ones in the large jar) with clay before I started experimenting with plaster, so you can see that sometimes they come out looking a little 'wobbly' 😆

I can't remember exactly what mold I used for my tiny chocolates, but here is a similar molds set.



Home Decor
Middle Shelf



Home Decor
Home Decor

The mini cupcakes I made just like in this tutorial and the confections printable can be purchased  here.

The little cake balls in the golden wrappers are just foam rounds cut in half and painted in acrylic.  

The tall skinny jar is full of  plaster pieces that I made using a square mold like this one and a water bottle ice cube mold like this one.

I know that the Beauty and the Beast rose isn't a fake bake, but in case you are interested, you can see how I made it this 😍



Home Decor
Right Shelf



Home Decor
Home Decor
Home Decor

The large cupcakes and chocolate covered strawberries are from Dezicakes and can be found in their Ebay storefront.

You can purchase the Let's Have Chocolate printable here.

The strawberry brownies were made in the same way as the berry topped brownies from the left shelf, I just added faux strawberries instead of round berries.

The small chocolates I made with hot glue and I have a full tutorial here.

This post is focused on my chocolate collection, but you can see a couple of white cakes in the photos as well.  Those are foam rounds covered in light weight spackle and topped with fabric flowers.



Home Decor
Curio Cabinet Surface



Home Decor
Home Decor
Home Decor
Home Decor

All of the cupcakes in this area are also from the Dezicakes store.  

The Ganache printable can be found here and the Save Room For Desserts printable here.  

The chocolate cup candies were made with plaster in this mold and the rest were made using various molds already pictured or that I made myself with silicone putty.

**********

And that wraps up the craft studio collection of chocolate fake bakes! 

If you are interested in seeing the rest of the craft area, how it's decorated or how my supplies are organized, you can check out these links:


-Jennifer
































8 comments:

  1. I have never ever thought of doing this, what a great idea especially for a food blogger to use as props.
    Visited you via BUSY MONDAY 566
    If not already part of SSPS, this is a personal invite to hop over and come and share your posts with us at Senior Salon Pit Stop, every Monday to Saturday.
    See my entries: 104-106 and then navigate to the bottom of my page for the Senior Salon Pit Stop linkup, we hope to virtually meet you there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing at SSPS 258 and the mention

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay Jennifer, first, you do awesome work creating these items! Secondly, how do you get any work done? I would be craving chocolate the entire time I was crafting in here! Ha! I do think I may give an easy one a try since how awesome would it be every time you have a visitor, it looks like you have baked something perfectly decorated every time! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always have a stash of REAL dark chocolate on hand! ;)

      Delete
    2. I will be featuring this post tomorrow for Whimsy Home Wednesday Jennifer, love this!

      Delete